Data Transformation Task
(Redirected from Data Manipulation Task)
- AKA: Data Munging.
- It can be expressed with a Data Manipulation Language (possibly as a data manipulation operation).
- It can be solved by a Data Transformation System (that implements a Data Transformation algorithm).
- It can range from being a Manual Data Transformation Task to being an Automatic Data Transformation Task.
- It can be a part of an ETL Task.
- See: Data Cleaning, Data Integration, Data Cleaning Task.
- (Cross, 2001) ⇒ David Cross. (2001). “Data Munging with Perl.” Manning Publications. ISBN:1930110006
- The Perl language is well suited for use with "data munging" tasks: those that involve transforming and massaging data.