Data Processing Task
(Redirected from data processing task)
- It can range from being a Small-Data Processing Task to being a Big-Data Processing Task.
- It can range from being a Data Pre-Processing Task to being a Data Post-Processing Task.
- It can range from being a Batch Data Processing Task to being a Stream Data Processing Task.
- It can range from being a Structured Data Processing Task to being an Unstructured Data Processing Task.
- It can range from being a Data-Intensive Task to being a Data-Unintensive Task.
- It can range from being a Standalone Data Processing Task to being a Distributed Data Processing Task.
- It can be solved by a Data Processing System (that implements a data processing algorithm).
- It can be composed of a Data Import Task, a Data Manipulation Task and a Data Export Task.
- See: Data Processing Act, Calculation Task.
- (WordNet, 2009) ⇒ http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=data%20processing
- S: (n) data processing ((computer science) a series of operations on data by a computer in order to retrieve or transform or classify information)
- Computer data processing is any process that uses a computer program to enter data and summarise, analyse or otherwise convert data into usable information. The process may be automated and run on a computer. It involves recording, analysing, sorting, summarising, calculating, disseminating and storing data. Because data are most useful when well-presented and actually informative, data-processing systems are often referred to as information systems. Nevertheless, the terms are roughly synonymous, performing similar conversions; data-processing systems typically manipulate raw data into information, and likewise information systems typically take raw data as input to produce information as output.