- AKA: Friendship.
- It can range from being a Symmetric Friend Relationship to being an Asymmetric Friend Relationship.
- It can range from being a Weak Friendship Relationship to being a Strong Friendship Relationship.
- It can range from being a Short-Term Friendship Relationship to being a Medium-Term Friendship Relationship to being a Long-Term Friendship Relationship.
- It can (typically) be apply to a Friendship-Pair Relationship to being a Friendship-Group Relationship.
- It can be represented by a Friendship Relationship Record (possibly from a friendship graph).
- , , .
- See: Friendship Network, Acquaintance Relationship, Human-to-Human Intimate Relationship.
- (Hall, 2018) ⇒ Jeffrey A Hall. (2018). “How Many Hours Does It Take to Make a Friend?.” In: Journal of social and personal relationships. doi:10.1177/0265407518761225
- QUOTE: … we found that while most people assume friendships are two-way, only about half of friendships are indeed reciprocal. These findings indicate a profound inability of people to know who their friends are, perhaps because the possibility of non-reciprocal friendship challenges one’s self-image. We like them, they must like us.