Textual Information Extraction Task
(Redirected from Information Extraction from Text Task)
- AKA: Corpus-based IE,
- input: Text Items.
- It can be solved by an Information Extraction from Text System (that implements an Information Extraction from Text Algorithm).
- It can require the ability to retrieve documents that are likely to contain the type of information sought. (See: Information Retrieval))
- It can require the ability to extract relations from documents. (See: Relation Extraction from Text Task.
- It can range from being a Heuristic Textual Information Extraction Task to being a Data-Driven Textual Information Extraction Task.
- It can be supported by an Information Retrieval Task.
- It can range from being an Open IE from Text Task to being a Closed IE from Text Task.
- Extraction of organizational mergers from news articles.
- Extraction of OrganizationHeadquarterLocation relation from news articles.
- Extraction of Protein Localization Relation Mentions, such as a PPLRE Task.
- Extraction of Argumentation Mentions.
- Extraction of research paper articles and authors from PDFs found on the Web. Requires ability to decide retrieve and identify research papers.
- a Knowledge-Base Population from Text Task
- an Automated Dictionary Induction Task.
- See: Text Mining, ACE, MUC.
- (Staab, 2006) ⇒ Steffen Staab. (2006). “Ontologies and the Semantic Web." Tutorial at Semantic Mining in Bio-Medicine (SMBM-2006)
- (Sekine, 2006)
- On-demand: Queries
- Günter Neumann & Feiyu Xu. (2004). Intelligent Information Extraction. Lecture Presentation
- (Appelt and Israel, 1999) ⇒ Douglas E. Appelt and D. J. Israel. (1999). “Introduction to Information Extraction Technology." A Tutorial Prepared for IJCAI-99.
- (Cunningham, 1999) ⇒ H. Cunningham. (1999). “Information Extraction - A User Guide." Second Edition. Research memo CS-99-07, University of Sheffield, UK.
- It contains many MUC-like examples