(Redirected from news article)
- AKA: News Item/Story.
- a Blog Item.
- See: Text Document Category.
- (WordNet, 2009) ⇒ http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=news%20article
- S: (n) news article, news story, newspaper article (an article reporting news)
- A news article is an article published in a print or Internet news medium such as a newspaper, newsletter, news magazine, news-oriented website, or article directory that discusses current or recent news of either general interest (i.e. daily newspapers) or on a specific topic (i.e. political or trade news magazines, club newsletters, or technology news websites).
- A news article can include accounts of eyewitnesses to the happening event. It can contain photographs, accounts, statistics, graphs, recollections, interviews, polls, debates on the topic, etc. Headlines can be used to focus the reader’s attention on a particular (or main) part of the article. The writer can also give facts and detailed information following answers to general questions like who, what, when, where, why and how.