- (Wikipedia, 2016) ⇒ https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Input_(computer_science)
- In computer science, the general meaning of input is to provide or give something to the computer, in other words the state/act of a computer, component of a computer or relevant device being accepting something from the user, from a device or from a piece of software either automatically or manually is called input.
- We categorize computer devices as input devices because we use these devices to send instructions to the computer, we are sending our "Input" to the computer, some common examples of computer input devices are:
- We may also call some inner parts of the computer as input components to the other components, like the power-on button of a computer is an input component for the processor or the power supply, because it takes user input and sends it to other components for further processing.
- In many computer languages the keyword "input" is used as a special keyword or function, such as in Visual Basic or Python, the word "input" is used to get text input from the user.
- (The Free Dictionary, 2016) ⇒ input. (n.d.) American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. (2011). Retrieved June 11 2016 from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/input
- in·put (ĭn′po͝ot′):
- 1. Something put into a system or expended in its operation to achieve output or a result, especially:
- a. Energy, work, or power used to drive a machine.
- b. Current, electromotive force, or power supplied to an electric circuit, network, or device.
- c. Information put into a communications system for transmission or into a computer system for processing(...)
- tr.v. in·put·ted or in·put, in·put·ting, in·puts
- To enter (data or a program) into a computer.
- (Dictionary.com, 2016) ⇒ input. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged. Retrieved June 11, 2016 from Dictionary.com website http://www.dictionary.com/browse/input
- (...)5. Computers. data to be entered into a computer for processing. the process of introducing data into the internal storage of a computer.
- verb (used with object), inputted or input, inputting.
- (...)10. Computers. to enter (data) into a computer for processing.