Knowledge Discovery Task
(Redirected from Knowledge Discovery)
A Knowledge Discovery Task is a discovery task that leads to knowledge.
- Knowledge Discovery is Hard.
- It can be aided by a Knowledge Discovery System (that implements a knowledge discovery algorithm).
- See: Knowledge Search Task, Knowledge Finding Task, Data Mining Task, Semantic Processing Task.
- (Kohavi & Provost, 1998) ⇒ Ron Kohavi, and Foster Provost. (1998). “Glossary of Terms.” In: Machine Leanring 30(2-3).
- Knowledge discovery: The non-trivial process of identifying valid, novel, potentially useful, and ultimately understandable patterns in data. This is the definition used in “Advances in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, 1996, by Fayyad, Piatetsky-Shapiro, and Smyth.