- See: MUC-7, MUC-5, MUC-4.
- NER: "The Named Entity task for MUC-6 involved the recognition of entity names (for people and organizations), place names, temporal expressions, and certain types of numerical expressions. This task is intended to be of direct practical value (in annotating text so that it can be searched for names, places, dates, etc.) and an essential component of many language processing tasks, such as information extraction.
- Coreference: "identification of coreference relations among noun phrases.
- Information Extraction: "In contrast to MUC-5, the effort has been to design relatively simple templates and to predefine the "template elements" (for people, organizations, and artifacts) which would apply to a wide variety of different event types.
- McCann has initiated a new so-called global collaborative system, composed of world-wideaccount directors paired with creative partners. In addition,Peter KimwashiredfromWPP Group's J. Walter Thompsonlast Septemberasvice chairman
- <ENAMEX TYPE="ORGANIZATION'>McCann</ENAMEX> has initiated a new so-called global collaborativesystem, composed of world-wide account directors paired with creative partners. In addition, <ENAMEXTYPE="PERSON'>Peter Kim</ENAMEX> was hired from <EN? MEX TYPE="ORGANIZATION'>WPPGroup</ENAMEX>'s <ENAMEX TYPE="PERSON">J. Walter Thompson<IENAMEX> last <TIMEXTYPE="DATE">September<f TIMEX> as vice chairman, chief strategy officer, world-wide
Mr. <ENAMEX TYPE="PERSON">Dooner</ENAMEX> met with <ENAMEX TYPE="PERSON">Marti Puris</ENAMEX>, president and chief executive officer of <ENAME XTYPE="ORGANIZATION">Ammirati</ENAMEX> & Puris, about <ENAME XTYPE="ORGANIZATION'>McCann</ENAMEX>'s acquiring the agency with billings of <NUMEXTYPE="MONEY">$400 million</NUMEX>, but nothing has materialized .
- Jim bought 300 shares of Acme Corp. in (2006).
- <ENAMEX TYPE="PERSON">Jim</ENAMEX> bought <NUMEX TYPE="QUANTITY">300</NUMEX> shares of <ENAMEX TYPE="ORGANIZATION">Acme Corp.</ENAMEX> in <TIMEX TYPE="DATE">2006</TIMEX>.
- "We are striving to have a strong renewed creative partnership with Coca-Cola." Mr. Dooner says. However, odds of that happening are slim since word from Coke headquarters in Atlanta is that...
- The fragment above would be associated with a key containing five filled slots of the organization template (below)
- The first line identifies this as organization template 5 from article 9402240133.
<ORGANIZATION-9402240133-5> : =
ORG_NAME: "Coca-Cola" ORG_ALIAS: "Coke" ORG_TYPE: COMPANY ORG_LOCALE: Atlanta CITY ORG_COUNTRY: United States ORG_DESCRIPTOR: n/a ORG_NATIONALITY: n/a
- (Grishman and Sundheim, 1996) ⇒ R. Grishman and B. Sundheim. (1996). “Message Understanding Conference - 6: A Brief History.” In: Proceedings of COLING-1996.
- (Sundheim, 1995) ⇒ B. Sundheim (Ed.), (1995). Proceedings of the Sixth Message Understanding Conference (MUC-6). ARPA, Morgan Kaufmann.