- "It was just a pigment of her imagination." figment → pigment
- "I’m suing you for definition of character!" defamation → definition
- “They where late.”. where → were.
- See: Malapropism Detection Task, Malapropism Detection Algorithm.
- (Wordnet, 2009) ⇒ http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
- the unintentional misuse of a word by confusion with one that sounds similar
- (Wikipedia, 2009) ⇒ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malapropism
- A malapropism (also called Dogberryism) is the substitution of one word for another incorrect word with a similar sound, usually to comic effect.
- The blundering use of an absurdly inappropriate word in place of a similar sounding one; An instance of this