- the planet Venus which has names: "morning star" and "evening star".
- any Named Person, such as: Michael Jackson, which can be referenced by a Named Entity Record such as
[Type="Person", Name.First="Michael", Name.Last="Jackson", BirthDate="August 29, 1958", Birth.City="Gary", Birth.State="Indiana", Birth.Country="USA"], an Explicit Person Record)
- any Named Location, such as: “Mumbai” (or temporarily as “Bombay”), which can be reference by a Toponym Record.
- most Online Services, such as: “Wikipedia”, “Google Scholar”, and “Amazon.com”.
- a Titled Books, such as: “Advanced Calculus”, which can be referenced by a Citation Record such as
[Type="Citation", Title="Advanced Calculus"], a Citation Record.
- a Named Protein, such as: “Hemoglobin” and “47 kDasterol regulatory element binding factor”.
- most Organizations, such as “Microsoft Inc.”, “UNICEF”, “WHO”.
- a Program Variable.
- a Named Entity Mention, which is a referencer to a named entity.
- an Unnamed Entity, such as a table, an unnamed location, or an atom
- a Named Entity Class, such as “Escherichia Coli”
- a Natural Language, such a the English Language?
- A Synset
<SYNSET><ID>ENG20-00001740-n</ID><POS>n</POS><SYNONYM><LITERAL>entity<SENSE>1</SENSE></LITERAL></SYNONYM><DEF>that which is perceived or known or inferred to have its own distinct existence (living or nonliving)</DEF><BCS>2</BCS><DOMAIN>factotum</DOMAIN><SUMO>Physical<TYPE>=</TYPE></SUMO></SYNSET>, from a Wordnet Database.
- See: Proper Noun.
- (Wiktionary - Named, 2011-Jun-10) ⇒ http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/named#Adjective
- QUOTE: Having a name
- (Wiktionary - Entity, 2011-Jun-10) ⇒ http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/entity#Noun
- QUOTE: That which has a distinct existence as an individual unit. Often used for organisations which have no physical form.