Jump to navigation Jump to search
- AKA: Persistent, Persistence, Persistent Object.
- It can be a Persistent Data Structure.
- See: Transitory Entity, Data Storage Capability.
- (Wikipedia, 2009) ⇒ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_(computer_science)
- Persistence in computer science refers to the characteristic of data that outlives the execution of the program that created it. Without this capability, data only exists in RAM, and will be lost when the memory loses power, such as on computer shutdown.