- It can include an Honorific.
- It can be detected by a Named Entity Recognition System.
- It can be linked to a Person Database by a Person Mention Normalization System.
- It can be linked to other Person Mention that refer to the same person by a Person Mention Coreference Resolution System.
- It can range from being an Unannotated Person Mention to being an Annotated Person Mention.
Her Honour Judge McReynolds} in the text: “Her Honour Judge McReynolds is a county court judge, sitting in various County Court Divisions as a peripatetic judge.” (which includes an honorific).
Bruce P. Smith,
Dean of the Faculty of Science,
Dean Smith, and
associate dean for academic affairs} in the text: “Bruce P. Smith has been named Dean of the Faculty of Science. Dean Smith has served as associate dean for academic affairs since April.”. (which includes an honorific).
- See: Person Record, Entity Type.