- It can (typically) agrees with the Subject in number, gender, and case.
- “happy” ⇒ "They are [happy]."
- “happy” ⇒ "That made me [happy]."
- See: Predicate Phrase, Sentence Subject, Subjective Complement, Predicate Nominal.
- (Wikipedia, 2009) ⇒ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adjective
- Predicative adjectives are linked via a copula or other linking mechanism to the noun or pronoun they modify; for example, happy is a predicate adjective in "they are happy" and in "that made me happy." (See also: Predicative (adjectival or nominal), Subject complement.)
- an adjective in the predicate that follows a linking verb and describes or modifies the subject.