Subcellular Protein Localization Process
A Subcellular Protein Localization Process is a Cellular Process within a Cell that is Triggered when a Protein has been Created and concludes when the Protein stops at a specific Localization Target/Cellular Location (a Protein Localization Event).
- AKA: Protein Localization, Protein Targeting, Protein Sorting, Subcellular Localization, Subcellular Protein Localization.
- See: PPLRE Project.
- "The processes by which a Protein is transported to, or maintained in, a specific location."
- Child Terms:
- GO:0008105: asymmetric protein localization
- GO:0045184: establishment of protein localization
- GO:0045185: maintenance of protein localization
- GO:0031503: protein complex localization
- GO:0043143: translational machinery localization
- GO:0046752: viral capsid precursor localization in host cell nucleus