- (Dextre Clarke et al., 2008) ⇒ Stella Dextre Clarke, Alan Gilchrist, Ron Davies and Leonard Will. (2008). “Glossary of Terms Relating to Thesauri and Other Forms of Structured Vocabulary for Information Retrieval." Willpower Information
- topic map
- concept scheme conforming to the specification given in the international standard ISO/IEC 13250 : Topic maps
- ISO/IEC 13250 gives the following three definitions for "topic map":
- a) A set of information resources regarded by a topic map application as a bounded object set whose hub document is a topic map document conforming to the SGML architecture defined by this International Standard.
- b) Any topic map document conforming to the SGML architecture defined by this International Standard, or the document element (topicmap) of such a document.
- c) The document element type (topicmap) of the topic map document architecture.
- The introduction to ISO/IEC 13250 says: "In general, the structural information conveyed by topic maps includes:
- groupings of addressable information objects around topics ('occurrences'), and
- relationships between topics ('associations')".
- topic map