- AKA: n-Ary Multivariate Function.
- It can range from being a Bivariate Vector Function to being a Multivariate Vector Function.
- It can range from:
- See: Binary Function, Vector Relation, String Function, Vector Arity Function.
- (Wikipedia, 2009) ⇒ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_field
- In mathematics a vector field is a construction in vector calculus which associates a vector to every point in a (locally) Euclidean space.
- Vector fields are often used in physics to model, for example, the speed and direction of a moving fluid throughout space, or the strength and direction of some force, such as the magnetic or gravitational force, as it changes from point to point.
- In the rigorous mathematical treatment, (tangent) vector fields are defined on manifolds as sections of a manifold's tangent bundle. They are one kind of tensor field on the manifold.