(Redirected from artifact)
An Artifact is an entity that is produced by an agent.
- AKA: Artefact, Produced Entity.
- It can range from being a Physical Artifact to being a Virtual Artifact (such as fictional entity).
- It can range from being a Human Created Artifact to being a Machine Created Artifact such as a Model.
- It can range from being a Human Processable Artifact to being a Machine Processable Artifact.
- It can retrieved by an Agent and shared between Agents.
- It can contain Referencers, such as Entity Mentions.
- It can (typically) be an Information Resource.
- It can have instrumentality.
- a Written Artifact, such as Dostoevsky's “Crime and Punishment” novel or Newton's Principia treatise.
- An Ontology, such as the Gene Ontology Database.
- A car.
- Natural Entities: person, star.
- Fictional Entity: time machine, Unicorn.
- See: Concept, Belief, Hypothesis, Relation Recognition Task
- a man-made object taken as a whole
- Social artifact is any product of individuals or groups (social beings) or of their social behavior.
- In archaeology, an artifact or artefact is any object made or modified by a human culture, and often one later recovered by some archaeological endeavor. ...
- An object made by human hand or shaped by it; An object, such as a tool, weapon or ornament, of archaeological or historical interest, esp. …