Object Manipulation Task
(Redirected from manipulating objects)
- See: Vision, Hand-Eye Coordination, Driving Task, Drawing Task, Dexterity, Devil Sticks.
- (Wikipedia, 2014) ⇒ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object_manipulation Retrieved:2014-10-27.
- Object manipulation is a form of dexterity play or performance in which one or more people physically interact with one or more objects. Many object manipulation skills are recognised circus skills. Other object manipulation skills are linked to sport, magic, and everyday objects or practices. Many object manipulation skills use special props made for that purpose: examples include the varied circus props such as balls, clubs, hoops, rings, poi, staff, and devil sticks; magic props such as cards and coins; sports equipment such as nunchaku and footballs. Any other object can also be used for manipulation skills. Object manipulation with ordinary items may be considered to be object manipulation when the object is used out of its socially acknowledged context and used differently from its original purpose.
- (Moravec, 1988) ⇒ Hans Moravec. (1988). “Mind Children." Harvard University Press. ISBN:9780674576186
- QUOTE: … unfortunately for humanlike robots, computers are at their worst trying to do the things most natural to humans, such as seeing, hearing, manipulating objects, learning languages, and commonsense reasoning. This dichotomy - machines doing well things human find hard, while doing poorly what is easy for us - is a giant clue to the problem of how to construct an intelligent machine ...