(Redirected from object)
- (WordNet, 2009) ⇒ http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=object
- S: (n) object, physical object (a tangible and visible entity; an entity that can cast a shadow) "it was full of rackets, balls and other objects"
- S: (n) aim, object, objective, target (the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable)) "the sole object of her trip was to see her children"
- S: (n) object ((grammar) a constituent that is acted upon) "the object of the verb"
- S: (n) object (the focus of cognitions or feelings) "objects of thought"; "the object of my affection"
- S: (n) object ((computing) a discrete item that provides a description of virtually anything known to a computer) "in object-oriented programming, objects include data and define its status, its methods of operation and how it interacts with other objects"
- S: (v) object (express or raise an objection or protest or criticism or express dissent) "She never objected to the amount of work her boss charged her with"; "When asked to drive the truck, she objected that she did not have a driver's license"
- S: (v) object (be averse to or express disapproval of) "My wife objects to modern furniture"