See: Entity, Set Member, Lexical Item, Data Item, Item Set, Physical Entity, Object, Member, Element, Item Rating, Item Recommendation Task.
- (WordNet, 2009) ⇒ http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=item
- S: (n) item, point (a distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list) "he noticed an item in the New York Times"; "she had several items on her shopping list"; "the main point on the agenda was taken up first"
- S: (n) detail, particular, item (a small part that can be considered separately from the whole) "it was perfect in all details"
- S: (n) item (a whole individual unit; especially when included in a list or collection) "they reduced the price on many items"
- S: (n) detail, item, point (an isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole) "several of the details are similar"; "a point of information"
- S: (n) token, item (an individual instance of a type of symbol) "the word`error' contains three tokens of `r'"
- S: (adv) item ((used when listing or enumerating items) also) "a length of chain, item a hook"-Philip Guedalla
- 1. A distinct physical object. “Tweezers are great for manipulating small items.”
- 2. A line of text having a legal or semantic meaning. “In response to the first item, we deny all wrongdoing.”
- 3. A matter for discussion in an agenda. “The first item for discussion is the budget for next year's picnic.”
- 4. (informal) Two people who are having a relationship with each other. “Jack and Jill are an item.”
- 5. (psychometrics) A question on a test, which may include its answers. “The exam has 100 items, each of which includes a correct response and three distractors.”