(Redirected from predicted value)
- It can range from being a Predicted Class to being a Predicted Score to being a Predicted Rank to being a Predicted Number to being a Predicted Range.
- It can be validated against an Actual Value.
- It can be associated with a Confidence Score (ranging from a strong prediction to a weak prediction).
- It can be associated to a Predicted Value Distribution.
- It can (typically) be created by a Predictive Model.
- a linguistic prediction, such as a predicted sentence parse (of a sentence parsing act).
- a climatological prediction, such as: "Rain" is predicted for Vancouver 24 hours from now.
- an economic prediction, such as: an U.S. economic recession is predicted for mid-2015.
- a societal prediction, such as: there will be few future murders (Pinker, 2011).
- See: Statistical Inference, Causal Inference, Inductive Reasoning, Error Function, Retrodiction.