- AKA: Numeric Prediction, Predicted Variate.
- It can range from being a Correct Predicted Number to being an Incorrect Predicted Number, when compared to an actual number.
- It can range from being a Predicted Rational-Number to being a Predicted Real-Number.
- It can (typically) be from a set of Target Attributes.
- It can be the Output of a Predictive Estimation System (solving a Numeric Prediction Task).
- See: Area Under the Curve, Variance, Random Variate.
- (Stedman, 2004) ⇒ John R. Stedman. (2004). “The predicted number of air pollution related deaths in the UK during the August 2003 heatwave." Atmospheric Environment 38, no. 8 (2004): 1087-1090.