Word Mention Tagging Task
(Redirected from text token classification task)
A Word Mention Tagging Task is a word classification task that is a string item tagging task (each orthographic word mention gets a class label).
- AKA: Word Mention Classification.
- input: a Text Item; and a Word Class.
- output: a Tagged Text.
- It can be solved by a Word Mention Classification System.
- It can be supported by a Text Tokenization Task.
- It can range from being a Heuristic Word Mention Classification Task to being a Data-Driven Word Mention Classification Task (such as a supervised text tagging task).
- a Part-of-Speech Tagging Task.
- an (Orthographic) Word Sense Identification Task,
- a Concept Mention Classification Task (because concept mentions can cover more than one word mention)
- a Text Segment Classification Task.
- a Text Segmentation Task.
- a Text Item Classification Task.
- a Semantic Role Labeling Task.
- a DNA Tagging Task.
- See: Text Matching Task, Text Annotation Task, Text Sequence Alignment Task, Word Sense Disambiguation Task, Natural Language Processing Task.