(Redirected from textbook)
- AKA: Published Textbook, Coursebook.
- a Survey Paper.
- See: Comprehensive Book, Education, Syllabus.
- (Wang et al., 2015) ⇒ Shuting Wang, Chen Liang, Zhaohui Wu, Kyle Williams, Bart Pursel, Benjamin Brautigam, Sherwyn Saul, Hannah Williams, Kyle Bowen, and C. Lee Giles. (2015). “Concept Hierarchy Extraction from Textbooks.” In: Proceedings of the 2015 ACM Symposium on Document Engineering. ISBN:978-1-4503-3307-8 doi:10.1145/2682571.2797062
- A textbook or coursebook (UK English) is a manual of instruction in any branch of study. Textbooks are produced according to the demands of educational institutions. Although most textbooks are only published in printed format, many are now available as online electronic books and increasingly in scanned format in P2P networks.
- (Hjørland, 2007) ⇒ Birger Hjørland. (2007). “Core Concepts in Library and Information Science (LIS)."
- (Brooke, 1998) ⇒ J. H. Brooke. (1998). “Textbooks and the History of Science.” In: Paradigm, No. 25. http://www.ed.uiuc.edu/faculty/westbury/paradigm/brooke.html