Visual Perception Task
(Redirected from visual perception)
- AKA: Visual Processing.
- See: Pattern Recognition Task, Sensory Process, Vision Science, Object Manipulation.
- (Wikipedia, 2015) ⇒ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/visual_perception Retrieved:2015-7-25.
- Visual perception is the ability to interpret the surrounding environment by processing information that is contained in visible light. The resulting perception is also known as eyesight, sight, or vision (adjectival form: visual, optical, or ocular). The various physiological components involved in vision are referred to collectively as the visual system, and are the focus of much research in psychology, cognitive science, neuroscience, and molecular biology, collectively referred to as vision science.
- (Moravec, 1988) ⇒ Hans Moravec. (1988). “Mind Children." Harvard University Press. ISBN:9780674576186
- QUOTE: ... unfortunately for humanlike robots, computers are at their worst trying to do the things most natural to humans, such as seeing, hearing, manipulating objects, learning languages, and commonsense reasoning. This dichotomy - machines doing well things human find hard, while doing poorly what is easy for us - is a giant clue to the problem of how to construct an intelligent machine ...