- See: Technological Unemployment, Technological Employment, Wage/Productivity Decoupling.
- (Brynjolfsson & McAfee, 2015) ⇒ Erik Brynjolfsson, and Andrew McAfee. (2015). “Will Humans Go the Way of Horses?." Foreign Affairs, 94(4).
- QUOTE: What happens when money enters the equation? Do things get better or worse? Capitalists, myself included, believe that things generally get better. Effort gets rewarded via payment, people who want to earn more work more, prices are signals about value, the volume of trade goes up, and so on. We believe, in short, that having the opportunity to get paid for your contributions is better than not having that opportunity.
- (Brynjolfsson & McAfee, 2014) ⇒ Erik Brynjolfsson, and Andrew McAfee. (2014). “The Second Machine Age: Work, Progress, and Prosperity in the Time of Brilliant Technologies." W W Norton & Company. ISBN:0393239357
- (Brynjolfsson et al., 2014) ⇒ Erik Brynjolfsson, Andrew McAfee, and Michael Spence. (2014). “New World Order.” In: Foreign Affairs, 29.
- (Brynjolfsson & McAfee, 2012) ⇒ Erik Brynjolfsson, and Andrew McAfee. (2012). “Jobs, Productivity and the Great Decoupling.” In: New York Times, December 11, 2012
- (Brynjolfsson & McAfee, 2011) ⇒ Erik Brynjolfsson, and Andrew McAfee. (2011-10-17). “Race Against The Machine: How the Digital Revolution is Accelerating Innovation, Driving Productivity, and Irreversibly Transforming Employment and the Economy." Digital Frontier Press. Kindle Edition.