Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) Emergence Period
An Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) Emergence Period is an emergence period for artificial general intelligences (when many AI capabilities supersede many human cognitive capabilities).
- It can (typically) be preceded by a Narrow AI Emergence Period (that we are currently living in).
- It can be accelerated by an International AI Race (with competing AI-focused organizations).
- It can require the existence of many ExaFLOP Systems, and so occur between 2030 and 2040.
- It can result in large Labor Productivity gains and Mass Underemployment (through technological unemployment).
- It can be followed by a Superintelligence Emergence Period.
- It may have already occurred elsewhere in the universe (in an extraterrestial AGI emergence period).
- See: Pre-Cambrian Period, TOP-500 Projections.