Automated Conversational System
- AKA: Chatbot.
- It can (often) be based on a Conversational Chatbot Platform.
- It can range from being a Text-based Chatbot to being a Voice-based Chatbot.
- It can range from being a Disembodied Chatbot to being a Conversational Robot.
- It can range from being an Informational Bot to being a Action-Taking Bot (such as a home chatbot).
- It can range from being a Heuristic Conversational System to being a Data-Driven Conversational System.
- It can range from being a Personal Intelligent Digital Assistant to being an Organizational Intelligent Digital Assistant.
- It can range from being an: English Language IPA, French Language IPA, German Language IPA, Chinese Language IPA, ....
- It can (often) be a Question Answering System.
- See: Conversation, Dialog System, Verbot, Dialog System, Intelligent Assistant, Watson System.
- (Wikipedia, 2017) ⇒ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/chatbot Retrieved:2017-4-18.
- A chatbot (also known as a talkbot, chatterbot, Bot, chatterbox, Artificial Conversational Entity) is a computer program which conducts a conversation via auditory or textual methods. Such programs are often designed to convincingly simulate how a human would behave as a conversational partner, thereby passing the Turing test. Chatterbots are typically used in dialog systems for various practical purposes including customer service or information acquisition. Some chatterbots use sophisticated natural language processing systems, but many simpler systems scan for keywords within the input, then pull a reply with the most matching keywords, or the most similar wording pattern, from a database.
- QUOTE: Most real-life personal assistants do not need to worry about their jobs being threatened by technology — at least yet. Digital assistants serve as a hands-free way to search for information but struggle to complete actions that require more complex steps, such as booking flights. Your correspondent spent several days “employing” a variety of available digital assistants. Although they can find nearby restaurants and make a booking through OpenTable, they do not yet know her well enough or have the judgment to tell her which is the “best” Italian food. Echo, Amazon’s product, can recite the definition of “personal assistant” without hesitation, but had no idea how to respond when your correspondent asked whether Echo was her personal assistant.
- QUOTE: Talk to Siri as you would to a friend and it can help you get things done — like sending messages, placing calls, or making dinner reservations. You can ask Siri to show you the Orion constellation or to flip a coin. Siri works hands-free, so you can ask it to show you the best route home and what your ETA is while driving. And it’s connected to the world, working with Wikipedia, Yelp, Rotten Tomatoes, Shazam, and other online services to get you even more answers. The more you use Siri, the more you’ll realize how great it is. And just how much it can do for you.
- (Wikipedia, 2014) ⇒ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/chatbot Retrieved:2014-4-20.
- Chatbot may mean:
- Chatterbot, a chatter robot is a type of conversational agent, a computer program designed to simulate an intelligent conversation with one or more human users via auditory or textual methods.
- Internet Relay Chat bot, a set of scripts or an independent program that connects to Internet Relay Chat as a client, and so appears to other IRC users as another user.
- Chatbot may mean:
- QUOTE: Chatbots are computer programs that can carry on conversations with human users, often through an instant-message style interface. To put it another way: Sgt. Star is what happens when you take a traditional “FAQ” page and inject it with several million dollars worth of artificial intelligence upgrades.
- (Smith & Anderson, 2014) ⇒ Aaron Smith, and Janna Anderson. (2014). “AI, Robotics, and the Future of Jobs." Pew Research.
- (Huang et al., 2007) ⇒ Jizhou Huang, Ming Zhou, and Dan Yang. (2007). “Extracting Chatbot Knowledge from Online Discussion Forums.” In: Proceedings of the 20th international joint conference on Artifical intelligence.
- QUOTE: A chatbot is a conversational agent that interacts with users in a certain domain or on a certain topic with natural language sentences. Normally, a chatbot works by a user asking a question or making a comment, with the chatbot answering the question, or making a comment, or initiating a new topic. Many chatbots have been deployed on the Internet for the purpose of seeking information, site guidance, FAQ answering, and so on, in a strictly limited domain. Existing famous chatbot systems include ELIZA [Weizenbaum, 1966], PARRY [Colby, 1973] and ALICE. Most existing chatbots consist of dialog management modules to control the conversation process and chatbot knowledge bases to response to user input. Typical implementation of chatbot knowledge bases contains a set of templates that match user inputs and generate responses. Templates currently used in chatbots, however, are hand coded. Therefore, the construction of chatbot knowledge bases is time consuming, and difficult to adapt to new domains.