A data item is an machine-processable artifact that contains a data value.
- AKA: Digital Item.
- It can be a member of a Data Set.
- It can range from being a Structured Data Item (e.g. data record) to being an Unstructured Data Item (e.g. text record).
- It can range from being a Data Value to being a Data Set.
- It can range from being a Correct Data Item to being an Incorrect Data Item.
- It can range from being an Unclassified Data Item to being a Classified Data Item.
- a Text Data Item.
- an Image Data Item.
- an Online Item.
- See: Data Object, Elementary Unit, Set Member, Data Value Set.