- See: Economics, Economic Theory, Mathematical Model, Computational Model.
- (Sanders, 2016a) ⇒ Bernie Sanders. (2016). “Democrats Need to Wake Up.” In: The New York Times, JUNE 28, 2016.
- QUOTE: Typical research in economics works with modest amounts of data, using laptop computers to solve ‘toy’ models of economies – simple models that are so abstract they bear little resemblance to reality. These models are nothing like those used to predict global climate, to study galaxies, or to simulate brain activity ...
- (Wikipedia, 2013) ⇒ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/economic_model Retrieved:2013-12-26.
- In economics, a model is a theoretical construct representing economic processes by a set of variables and a set of logical and/or quantitative relationships between them. The economic model is a simplified framework designed to illustrate complex processes, often but not always using mathematical techniques. Frequently, economic models posit structural parameters. Structural parameters are underlying parameters in a model or class of models.  A model may have various parameters and those parameters may change to create various properties. Methodological uses of models include investigation, theorizing, fitting theories to the world. 
- Moffatt, Mike. (2008) About.com Structural Parameters Economics Glossary; Terms Beginning with S. Accessed June 19, 2008.
- • Mary S. Morgan, 2008 "models," The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics, 2nd Edition, Abstract.
• Vivian Walsh 1987. "models and theory," The New Palgrave: A Dictionary of Economics, v. 3, pp. 482-83.