Inductive Learning Algorithm
- AKA: Statistical Learning Algorithm.
- See: Inductive Logic Programming, Inductive Inference, Learning Task, Inductive Logic, Incremental Learning System, Cumulative Learning System, Active Learning.
- (Sammut & Webb, 2017) ⇒ (2017) "Inductive Learning". In: Sammut, C., Webb, G.I. (eds) "Encyclopedia of Machine Learning and Data Mining". Springer, Boston, MA.
- (Fernau, 2012) ⇒ Fernau H. (2012). "Approximative Learning Vs. Inductive Learning". In: Seel N.M. (eds) Encyclopedia of the Sciences of Learning. Springer, Boston, MA
- QUOTE: In the (mathematical) theory of learning, the term approximative learning is used in different meanings. To ease understanding the concepts, briefly recall what inductive learning means: upon receiving (positive or negative) evidence, the learner (often also called inference machine) formulates hypotheses that should, over time, (always) yield a correct one. This notion goes at least back to Gold, 1967. This concept leads to several natural questions:
- What is a “correct hypothesis?” This can be answered on a purely syntactic level (leading, e.g., to the notion of EX[planatory]-learning) or on a more semantic level (behaviorally...