Knowledge Discovery from Databases (KDD) Research Task
(Redirected from KDD Research)
A Knowledge Discovery from Databases (KDD) Research Task is a research task that studies a KDD research question (within a data mining research area).
- It can propose new Data Mining Tasks.
- It can study ways to improve Data Mining Algorithms.
- It can involve a Data Mining Research Project.
- It can involve the publication of results in a Data Mining Research Conference or Data Mining Research Journal.
- It can analyze Data Mining Systems.
- It can range from being a Applied Data Mining Research to Basic Data Mining Research.
- It can be instantiated as a Data Mining Research Act.
- It can result in an Data Mining Research Paper.
- See: AI Research, Machine Learning Research, Statistical Inference Research.
- (Han et al., 1995) ⇒ Jiawei Han, Yongjian Fu, Krzysztof Koperski, Gabor Melli, Wei Wang, and Osmar R. Zaiane. (1995). “Knowledge Mining in Databases: An Integration of Machine Learning Methodologies with Database Technologies." Canadian AI Magazine, 38.