Statistical Null Hypothesis
- It can be an input to a Statistical Hypothesis Test Task.
- a Legal Null Hypothesis, such as the defendant is not guilty..
- See: Statistical Alternative Hypothesis.
- QUOTE: The presumed model (such as that of a fair coin) in hypothesis testing. The data provide a measure of how weak or strong the evidence for or against this null hypothesis is; it is the model of step 1 if the six-step method is being used.
- (Upton & Cook, 2008) ⇒ Graham Upton, and Ian Cook. (2008). “A Dictionary of Statistics, 2nd edition revised." Oxford University Press. ISBN:0199541450