(Redirected from label)
- See: Item Tag; Category; Annotation, Human-Processable Artifact.
- (Sammut & Webb, 2011) ⇒ Claude Sammut, and Geoffrey I. Webb. (2011). “Label.” In: (Sammut & Webb, 2011) p.571
- (WordNet, 2009) ⇒ http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=label
- S: (n) label (a brief description given for purposes of identification) "the label Modern is applied to many different kinds of architecture"
- S: (n) label, recording label (trade name of a company that produces musical recordings) "the artists and repertoire department of a recording label is responsible for finding new talent"
- S: (n) label (a radioactive isotope that is used in a compound in order to trace the mechanism of a chemical reaction)
- S: (n) label (an identifying or descriptive marker that is attached to an object)
- S: (v) label (assign a label to; designate with a label) "These students were labelled `learning disabled'"
- S: (v) tag, label, mark (attach a tag or label to) "label these bottles"
- S: (v) pronounce, label, judge (pronounce judgment on) "They labeled him unfit to work here"
- S: (v) label (distinguish (as a compound or molecule) by introducing a labeled atom)
- S: (v) label (distinguish (an element or atom) by using a radioactive isotope or an isotope of unusual mass for tracing through chemical reactions)
- A small ticket or sign giving information about something to which it is attached or intended to be attached.
- A name given to something or someone to categorise them as part of a particular social group.
- A company that sells records.
- A name attached to some item in source code, especially a point that can be jumped to using a GOTO or similar construct.