Jump to navigation Jump to search
- AKA: Tag, Annotation Tag, Item Label.
- See: File Format Tag, Metadata, Label, Keyword.
- (Wikipedia, 2009) ⇒ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_(metadata)
- A tag is a non-hierarchical keyword or term assigned to a piece of information (such as an internet bookmark, digital image, or computer file). This kind of metadata helps describe an item and allows it to be found again by browsing or searching. ...
- Tag (n): a label associated with something for the purpose of identification; "semantic tags were attached in order to identify different meanings of the word"
- (Wiktionary, 2009) http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/annotation#Noun
- (Wiktionary, 2009) http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/tagged
- tagged - Having a tag, labeled