Artificial Intelligence Researcher
(Redirected from AI Researcher)
An Artificial Intelligence Researcher is a computing science researcher who specializes in AI domain (of AI tasks, algorithms, and systems).
- AKA: AI Scientist.
- See: Cognitive Scientist, AI Discipline.
- (Stajic et al., 2015) ⇒ Jelena Stajic, Richard Stone, Gilbert Chin, and Brad Wible. (2015). “Rise of the Machines.” In: Science Journal, 349 (6245). doi:10.1126/science.aaa8415
- QUOTE: AI researchers also have a grander aspiration: to create a well-rounded and thus more human-like intelligent agent.
- (Moravec, 1998) ⇒ Hans Moravec. (1998). “When Will Computer Hardware Match the Human Brain.” In: Journal of evolution and technology, 1(1).
- QUOTE: This paper describes how the performance of AI machines tends to improve at the same pace that AI researchers get access to faster hardware. Based on extrapolation of past trends and on examination of technologies under development, it is predicted that the required hardware will be available in cheap machines in the 2020s.