An Annotation System is a computing system that can solve an annotation task (be an annotator).
- It can range from being an Automated Annotation System to being a Manual Annotation System (used by a Human Annotator).
- It can range from being a Text Annotation System, to being an Audio Annotation System, to being an Image Annotation System, to being a Video Annotation System.
- A Text Annotation System, such as WordFreak Annotation System.
- An Image Annotation System, such as Volume-Object Annotation System (VANO).
- a Text Processing System, such as a Tokenization System.
- See: Annotation Algorithm, Information Retrieval System, Information Extraction System.
- (Reeves et al., 2009) ⇒ Gabrielle A Reeves, David Talavera, and Janet M Thornton. (2009). “Genome and Proteome Annotation: Organization, Interpretation and Integration.” In: J R Soc Interface, 6(31).
- QUOTE: … Annotation tools and databases provide the means to disseminate these data and to comprehend their biological importance. … Given the plethora of annotation tools that have been developed over the past few years, the next goal has been to try to find ways in which the information that these annotation tools provides can be integrated.