(Redirected from annotation)
An annotation item is a human-processable metadata associated to an annotated artifact (or one of its components).
- It can range from being an Annotation Note to being an Item Label.
- It can range from being a Semantic Annotation Item to being a Syntactic Annotation Item.
- It can be created during an Annotation Task.
- It can range from being a Human-generated Annotation or a Machine-generated Annotation.
- a Part-of-Speech Symbol attached to a word.
- a Named Entity Tag attached to a named-entity mention.
- a Text Category.
- See: Referencer, Semantic Analysis.
- (Dingli et al., 2011) ⇒ Alexiei Dingli, Dale P. Busuttil, and Dylan Seychell. (2011). “RULIE: Rule Unification for Learning Information Extraction.” In: Proceedings of the Workshop on Discovering Meaning On the Go in Large Heterogeneous Data (LHD 2011).
- QUOTE: … Annotations are metadata that are attached to pieces of text which can be used to give meaning to the content of the page.