A Data Attribute is some attribute of a Dataset.
- See: Metadata Attribute.
- QUOTE: A data attribute describes the value found in each field in a table. Every field or column in a database table represents a single attribute of that table. (An attribute is what the data in that field represents, while the value is the actual data that a specific field contains.
- QUOTE: An attribute is a piece of information that needs to be known about the objects in a class. Each object might a have different value for an attribute. E.g. one dog is named Fido, the other is named Bowser.
- QUOTE: An attribute is an abstraction belonging to or characteristic of an entity.
- QUOTE: Attributes are part of a class declaration in UML. Objects are associated with attribute values describing properties of the object. An attribute has a name and a type specifying the domain of attribute values.
- QUOTE: Characteristics or objects closely associated with or that belong to people or things.
- (Kohavi & Provost, 1998) ⇒ Ron Kohavi, and Foster Provost. (1998). "Glossary of Terms." In: Machine Leanring 30(2-3).
- Attribute (field, variable, feature): A quantity describing an instance. An attribute has a domain defined by the attribute type, which denotes the values that can be taken by an attribute. The following domain types are common:
- Dimension: An attribute or several attributes that together describe a property. For example, a geographical dimension might consist of three attributes: country, state, city. A time dimension might include 5 attributes: year, month, day, hour, minute.