- (WordNet, 2009) ⇒ http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=denote
- S: (v) denote (be a sign or indication of) "Her smile denoted that she agreed"
- S: (v) denote, refer (have as a meaning) "`multi-' denotes `many' "
- S: (v) announce, denote (make known; make an announcement) "She denoted her feelings clearly"
- 1. (transitive) To indicate; to mark. The yellow blazes denote the trail.
- 2. (transitive) To make overt. The tears denoted her true feelings.
- 3. (transitive) To refer to literally; to convey meaning. "Pre-" denotes "before."