- AKA: Bot, Software-based Virtual Assistant.
- It can range from being a Personal Digital Assistant to being a Work-Use Digital Assistant.
- It can range from being a Dumb Digital Assistant to being an Intelligent Digital Assistant.
- It can range from being an Online Digital Assistant to being an Offline Digital Assistant.
- It can (often) be a Digital Assistant Service.
- See: Home Robot.
- QUOTE: Software applications that run automated tasks are called “bots.” 2016 will bring a host of creative bots that will supercharge our productivity, keep us company, and help us track what others are doing. What’s new: you’ll have the opportunity to use and program them yourself. … Bots do more than offer conversation. News organizations will soon use bots to sort and tag articles in real time. We’ll see advanced bots manipulating social media and stocks simultaneously. The intelligence community might deploy bots for surveillance and for digital diplomacy. HR managers can use bots to train employees. Meantime, as Slack continues to grow in scale and popularity, bots within that environment will help automate meetings and status updates and so on, saving time and increasing productivity.