- AKA: Exemplar, Example for Learning.
- It can (typically) be a Feature Vectors.
- It can (typically) be a member of a Learning Record Set.
- It can range from being a Training Record to being a Testing Record.
- It can range from being a High-Dimensional Learning Record to being a Low-Dimensional Learning Record.
- It can range from being a Labeled Learning Record to being an Unlabeled Learning Record, if it has a Target Attribute.
- See: Random Experiment Outcome.
- (Wong et al., 2005) ⇒ Ke Wong Wang, Senqiang Zhou, Qiang Yang, and Jack Man Shun Yeung. (2005). “Mining Customer Value: From Association Rules to Direct Marketing." Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, 11(1).
- (Kohavi & Provost, 1998) ⇒ Ron Kohavi, and Foster Provost. (1998). “Glossary of Terms.” In: Machine Leanring 30(2-3).
- Example: See Instance.