- It can range from being a Manual Planning Task to being an Automated Planning Task.
- It can range from being a Planning Under Certainty Task to being a Planning Under Uncertainty Task.
- It can range from being a Discrete Planning Task to being a Continuous Planning Task.
- It can be solved by a Planning System (that follows a planning algorithm).
- See: Task Management, Temporal Reasoning.
- (LaValle, 2006) ⇒ Steven M. LaValle. (2006). “Planning Algorithms." Cambridge University Press. ISBN:0521862051
- QUOTE: This book presents a unified treatment of many different kinds of planning algorithms. The subject lies at the crossroads between robotics, control theory, artificial intelligence, algorithms, and computer graphics. The particular subjects covered include motion planning, discrete planning, planning under uncertainty, sensor-based planning, visibility, decision-theoretic planning, game theory, information spaces, reinforcement learning, nonlinear systems, trajectory planning, nonholonomic planning, and kinodynamic planning.
- (Hauskrecht, 2000) ⇒ Milos Hauskrecht. (2000). “Value-function Approximations for Partially Observable Markov Decision Processes.” In: Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research, 13(1).