(Redirected from resource)
- AKA: Finite Resource.
- See: Expensive Resource, Inexpensive Resource.
- (WordNet, 2009) ⇒ http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=resource
- S: (n) resource (available source of wealth; a new or reserve supply that can be drawn upon when needed)
- S: (n) resource (a source of aid or support that may be drawn upon when needed) "the local library is a valuable resource"
- S: (n) resource, resourcefulness, imagination (the ability to deal resourcefully with unusual problems) "a man of resource"
- (Woodley, 2005b) ⇒ Mary S. Woodley, Gail Clement, and Pete Winn. (2005). “DCMI Glossary." Dublin Core Metadata Initiative.
- resource: A resource is anything that has identity. Familiar examples include an electronic document, an image, a service (e.g., "today's weather report for Los Angeles"), and a collection of other resources. Not all resources are network "retrievable"; e.g., human beings, corporations, and bound books in a library can also be considered resources. http://dublincore.org/documents/2003/04/02/dc-xml-guidelines/