(Redirected from similarity function)
- AKA: Affinity Measure, Relatedness Function.
- range: Similarity Score.
- It can (often) be based on a Distance Function.
- It can range form being a Symmetric Similarity Measure to being a Non-Symmetric Similarity Measure (like KL).
- It can range from being a Syntactic Similarity Measure to being a Semantic Similarity Measure.
- It can be computed by a Similarity Measure Computation Operation.
- It can range from being a Set Similarity, a Multiset Similarity, a Multiset Pattern Similarity, a Tuple-Space Similarity, a Metric-Space Similarity, a Graph-based Similarity, ...
- It can be a Domain-Specific Similarity Measure, such as a Word Semantic Similarity Measure/lexical items similarity measure.
- It can be a Similarity Metric.
- See: Similarity Matrix, Clustering Task, Local Search; Equivalence Relationship.