- Regression Task is a Statistical Task and Machine Learning Task that may refer to:
- See: Supervised Point Estimation Task, Segmented Regression, Regression Tree, Simple Linear Regression Algorithm, Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Least Squares, Least-Angle Regression Algorithm, Nonlinear Regression, Nonparametric Regression, Robust Regression, Stepwise Regression.
- (Quadrianto & Buntine, 2017) ⇒ Novi Quadrianto and Wray L. Buntine (2017). "Regression" In: Encyclopedia of Machine Learning and Data Mining (Editors: Claude Sammut, Geoffrey I. Webb) pp 1075-1080
- QUOTE: Regression is a fundamental problem in statistics and machine learning. In regression studies, we are typically interested in inferring a real-valued function (called a regression function) whose values correspond to the mean of a dependent (or response or output) variable conditioned on one or more independent (or input) variables. Many different techniques for estimating this regression function have been developed, including parametric, semi-parametric, and nonparametric methods.
- (Wikipedia, 2017) ⇒ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regression#Statistics Retrieved:2017-7-23.
- Regression analysis, a statistical technique for estimating the relationships among variables. There are several types of regression:
- (Sebag, 2011) ⇒ Michele Sebag, M. (2011). "Nonstandard Criteria in Evolutionary Learning". In Encyclopedia of Machine Learning (Sammut & Webb, 2011, pp. 722-731). Springer US.
- QUOTE: Machine learning (ML), primarily concerned with extracting models or hypotheses from data, comes into three main flavors: supervised learning also known as classification or regression (Bishop 2006; Duda et al. 2001; Han and Kamber 2000), unsupervised learning also known as clustering (Ben-David et al. 2005), and reinforcement learning (Sutton and Barto 1998).